This is the year. This HAS to be the year.
We will have more changes on the upcoming year than we've had in any year of our marriage (and that's just including the things we KNOW are coming!).
- We'll both turn 30.
- We'll celebrate our 10-year anniversary.
- We'll welcome Baby #3 into the family.
- We'll send the Claire Bear off to kindergarten.
- We'll continue our journey to becoming debt-free.
- We'll continue our journey to becoming more minimalistic in our possessions and home.
- I'll mostly close down the photography business by the end of 2014.
Wow. It's gonna be a big year.
To get myself motivated, I'm listening to some podcasts by Joshua Becker as I declutter the kitchen.
Joshua Becker is the writer over at www.becomingminimalist.com. He is absolutely inspirational.
He's talking about how our STUFF takes so much time from the people we love and the things that bring us JOY.
We Newkirk's hardly ever have a carefree Saturday. Instead, we spend time working...moving our clutter from one room to the next. We spend time dusting around all our clutter, putting our clutter in piles to go to other rooms, mowing around our outside clutter, trying to organize our clutter...clutter, clutter, CLUTTER!
Maybe the answer is LESS CLUTTER! Get rid of stuff!
This will be the year. This HAS to be the year.
Less space. Less stuff. More life.
Happy New Year, friends. Happy New Year.